Holly Butler, has had over 20 years of experience being the owner and operator of Laurel Springs Farm. Her passions for horses and animals of all kinds blossomed as a child. Today she proudly holds almost 4o years of riding experience in multiple english disciplines including dressage, eventing, show-jumping, hunt-seat equitation and hunters.
Some of Butlers accolades include…
- Graduate of Virginia Tech with a degree in Animal Science.
- Founding member of the Blue Ridge Eventing Association.
- Former Intercollegiate Dressage Association Coach.
- Former Intercollegiate Horse Show Association Hunt Seat Equitation Coach.
- Provided the original home of the New River Valley's first Interscholastic Equestrian Association Hunt Seat Equitation Team.
- Experience training multiple levels of pony club members through their ratings.
- Experience as a 4-H leader.
Holly wants to largely tribute her former supervisor, mentor, roommate, coach and friend of 30 years, former Virginia Tech Equestrian program director, Teresa McDonald. In addition to her skills as an instructor and coach, Teresa valued Holly as a skilled instructor and business woman who worked hard to become educated and increase her skill sets. Teresa chose to bring Holly on to help with the Virginia Tech Equestrian program as she battled cancer. The opportunity to assist Teresa during this period was the greatest professional and personal compliment Holly has or ever will receive. Above all, Teresa valued honesty, loyalty, and integrity. She felt and believed these qualities were paramount to a healthy program and the best situation for her students. Teresa was and continues to be an inspiration in Holly's life and work.